Taking time for rest and recreation is critical, and counselling can supplement these self and social-care activities. The dictionary definition of “counselling” includes the following.
Counselling can help you identify your needs and lessen personal and social isolation and environmental and legal challenges. There are many approaches to counselling and several accepted theories to reduce maladaptive stress. Distress can be a developmental, environmental and situational part of your life. Pressure may escalate into focus that you feel to be unbearable from a gradual build-up of tensions or perhaps sudden unexpected incidents. To reach such situations and thresholds is often not simply because of personal and social obstacles and could be a consequence of life’s unfolding and complex events.
We are well-informed about counselling theories and can help in the following sample areas.
- Alcohol and substance abuse
- Anger management
- Conflict and pro-social change
- Death and dying
- Dilemmas and disjunctures
- Distressing thoughts and secret compulsions
- Grief and loss
- Motivational challenges
- Parenting issues
- Power inequities
- Relationships and strengthening authentic engagements
- Sense, mean-making and transforming chaos
- Separation dis-ease
- Trauma/critical incident debriefing
- Violence ranging from home to work
We can give you tele and video counselling to help you wherever possible. Let’s talk!
© 1998-2022 TMCSF & TMCASF